“A much-needed book.” —Frank Pierson, Academy Award-winning screenwriter; president, Writers Guild of America, West
“Whatever your problem, screenwriting fur Syd Field can help.” —Amazon.com
To solve any kind of a problem means you have to be able to recognize it, identify it, and then define it; only in that way can any problem really be solved.
All screenplays have problems. They happened to Die Hard: With a Vengeance and Broken Arrow – and didn’t get fixed, leaving the films flawed. They nearly shelved Platoon, until Oliver Stone rewrote the first ten pages and created a classic.
They happen to every screenwriter. But good writers see their problems as a springboard to creativity. Now bestselling author Syd Field, who works on over 1,000 screenplays a year, tells you step-by-step how to identify and fix common screenwriting problems. Using The Screenwriter’s Problem Solver, you’ll discover how to:
- Understand what makes great stories work
- Make your screenplay sparkle in the first ten pages, with Thelma & Louise and Dances With Wolves as models
- Use a “dream assignment” to let your creative self break free overnight
- Make action build character, like Quentin Tarantino in his popular films
- Recover when you hit the “wall” and overcome writer’s block forever
With The Screenwriter’s Problem Solver on your side, you’ll be privy to the professional secrets that make movies brilliant – secrets that can make your screenplay headed for success…or even Cannes.
“What you try that doesn’t work always shows you what does work.”