Mastering the Craft of Screenwriting
- This event has passed.
Syd Field’s 2-Day Mastering The Craft Screenwriting Workshop
October 22, 2011 @ 8:00 am - October 23, 2011 @ 5:00 pm
Syd Field brings his famed 2-day screenwriting master class to London, England the weekend of February 23-24, 2013! Over two days, Syd Field takes his students through the entire process of writing their screenplays – from idea to final draft – and covers:
- Designing The Story Idea
- Setting Up Character and Story in Film
- Nature of Dramatic Structure
- Creating Characters – Part 1 & 2
- Making Effective use of Back Story
- Creating Characters and the Circle of Being
- Designing the Inciting Incident
- Action vs. Character
- Writing Effective Dialogue
- Two Incidents: Inciting Incident/Key Incident
- Writing Character Biographies
- The Importance of the First 10 Pages
- When and why to use Voice Over (VO) narration
- The Inciting Incident and its impact on character
- Setting up the Non-linear story
- The Nature of Conflict
- Putting it all together
What’s the best way to set up your story – through action or through character? Does your character drive the action, or does the action drive the character?
Over two days, you will examine the relationship between Story and Character by revealing the distinctions linking genres, story lines and character development, all demonstrated by several clips from recent films such as The King’s Speech, The Descendants, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Departed, Juno and more.
LONDON 2-DAY MASTER CLASS DETAILS
What: Syd Field’s “Mastering the Craft” Workshop
When: February 23-24, 2013 (Saturday & Sunday)
Times: 9:30am to 6:00pm each day
Where: Birkbeck College – Malet Street, Bloomsbury – London WC1E 7H
Fee: £275 + VAT
Register: CLICK HERE
For more information: Please call 800-814-0544 or e-mail us.
Presented by TV/Film Seminars.